[Intel-gfx] Design review request: DRM color manager

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Mon May 12 13:50:28 CEST 2014

Hi

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Sharma, Shashank
<shashank.sharma at intel.com> wrote:
> Benefits of using color manager:
> ================================
> 1. Unique framework for all the color correction properties, across all
>    DRM drivers, across various platforms.
> 2. Only one set/get call for all kind of properties using the common
> protocol. One get call can tell what are the color correction capabilities
> of the SOC, registered by driver.

What's the advantage of that? We should add a
DRM_MODE_OBJ_SET_PROPERTIES call if we want to accelerate things,
instead of adding huge payloads.

I really think we should define one property for each color-correction
interface. I cannot see any downside of that except that we should add
DRM_MODE_OBJ_SET_PROPERTIES. But afaik that's already the plan for
atomic-modesetting, right?

Thanks
David