[Intel-gfx] AAEON Asus Company Bay Trail Linux Issue LVDS

Dominik Rozek dominikr at aaeon.com
Thu May 15 17:34:07 CEST 2014

Hi Team:

I work for AAEON an Asus company who makes embedded, long life, motherboards. I am running into a situation with a large customer of mine that wants to use a 15.6" LCD Panel, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52392/TFT-LCD%2BPreliminary%2BSpecification%2BG156BGE-L01%2Bver%2B1.0.pdf  connected to the EMB-BT1 with the n2807 SOC, I have also tried the E3825/E3845 series and have the same issue, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52392/EMB-BT1.pdf connected via the LVDS Connector. AAEON takes the eDP port and runs it through a Chrontel CH7511, http://www.chrontel.com/media/Datasheets/CH7511B%20Brief%20Datasheet%20V1.13.pdf chip to convert it to the LVDS Signal.

The issue I am having is when LVDS is only connected and the system boots up I do not get a picture on the LCD Panel. Once I kill power to the board and connect a HDMI or VGA connection the board boots up with Ubuntu 14.04. I am able to boot into the BIOS and check all the settings but once I leave the BIOS and Ubuntu tries to start up I get a white screen on the LCD Panel. Here is a video I took: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52392/LVDS.mp4. I have been trying to load the daily and drm-intel-nightly builds of the latest kernel but this issue still comes up. I have even tried today's build of 2014-05-15.

I know this is something with the Linux Kernel because when I load up Windows 8 I get a picture automatically every time without this white screen. I also have tried Timesys 18 Fedora Remix Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52392/GettingStarted_Timesys18FedoraRemix.pdf and I do not experience this issue.

Please contact me if you have any questions or things to try. My contact is in my signature below. Thank you for looking at this issue.

Dominik Rozek
District Sales Manager
AAEON Electronics, Inc.
11 Crown Plaza, Hazlet, NJ 07730
T: 732-203-9300   l   F: 732-203-9311   l    E: DominikR at aaeon.com
C: 872-201-0158   l   Remote Office: Chicago, IL   l   www.aaeonusa.com  <http://www.aaeonusa.com/>
[aaeon-signature]
*PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.