[Intel-gfx] intel_fb_initilal_config encoder->crtc warn

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri May 30 07:40:28 CEST 2014

Hi,

Just wondering what the point of the WARN(!encoder->crtc) in that function is,

I hit this with MST and I can't see what it should matter, where I hit
it is if I dock MST while X is running and VT switch, I get it,

I first wondered when encoder would ever be false in non-MST world
anyways, but I've added a check to find a valid MST encoder at this
point, but none of them have a crtc assigned as of yet as they haven't
been configured, even though I expect X has configured them, fbdev
would turn them off on vt switch I assume.

Dave.