[Intel-gfx] [RFC 4/7] drm/i915: Program PPS registers

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Oct 27 15:23:45 CET 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 02:55:40PM +0530, Kannan, Vandana wrote:
> I went through the LVDS and DSI parts. If software delays are used for both,
> would it really add more value to have the delays in a function in
> intel_panel.c and call whenever required ?
> I'm thinking directly calling a msleep would be simpler but that would mean
> the PPS part wont be in one place in intel_panel.c.
> Let me know what you think about this..

Hm, I don't really follow what you mean? I think for now we can just
rework the pps for dp and leave things aside. Of course I'm not going to
stop you if you want to rework dsi/lvds too. But I'm not sure how valuable
that will be really. dsi maybe ...

Anyway the functions in dp have some niece tricks to only wait the
remaining time. So e.g. if the timeout is 500ms, but we've done the power
switch already 200ms ago then it will only wait the remaining 300ms. So if
you want to unify all this I think it would be best to use the existing
wait functions from dp, since they're more optimized.

Cheers, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch