[Intel-gfx] DRI3 only DDX driver

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Mon Sep 1 13:09:16 CEST 2014

I tried building the xorg intel ddx driver with only DRI3 support,
with DRI1 and DRI2 disabled.

glxinfo says direct rendering is enabled, but gives no core contexts*.

gnome-shell appears to be using software fallback, generally there
seems to be no hardware acceleration.  I'm wondering if DRI3 isn't
ever initialising successfully, and now there's no DRI2 to fall back
to.

What is the minimal kernel version for DRI3?  I'm currently stuck on
the 3.14 stable series due to an unresolved kernel bug (which I need
to bisect...), is it too old?

I remember before the intel (SNA) support landed LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
used to mention DRI3 failing, I see nothing mentioning DRI3 at all
now.  Is there some way of determining which DRI extension is in use?
DRI3 is properly listed in xdpyinfo.

* I also get no core contexts also with xwayland/glx, related?