[Intel-gfx] Possible i915 regression with 4.4-rc

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 3 12:33:29 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 09:00:55PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've experienced a few graphics issues recently, and I tend to believe
> that it has happened since 4.4-rc.  Namely, after some long time usage
> on my HSW laptop (two or three days), the mouse cursor vanished
> suddenly.  It kept pointing but just became invisible.  Also, after
> some S3 cycles, some glyphs on a console or on Firefox became
> invisible, too.  The windows and graphics were shown well, and X core
> fonts were still shown properly, too.  Switching to VT1 and back
> didn't change the situation.

I think I have a fix for this *very* annoying problem. I'v been cursing
on irc for weeks about it, until I finally got off my arse and debugged
it.

I pushed out my my cursor branch:
git://github.com/vsyrjala/linux.git disappearing_cursor_fix

It has lots of other junk too, but it should be just there two that fix it:
59f65fa270fb ("drm/i915: Kill intel_crtc->cursor_bo")
25651a198d17 ("drm/i915: Drop the broken curcor base==0 special casing")

Unfortunatleey I've managed to keep myself busy on other stuff, so didn't
send them out yet. Maybe tomorrow...

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel OTC