[Intel-gfx] Information sought

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 05:23:34 PST 2015

Hi All,

On 12 December 2015 at 12:54, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a couple of third hand computers using Intel graphics (Dell
> Optiplex GX50, HP Compaq dc 7600) with graphics problems - Dell becomes
> unusable, screen is all white with black squiggles after running updates on
> Ubuntu 14.04LTS- freedesktop bug 93173, dc 7600 screen works most of the
> time but occasionally is corrupted with random horizontal lines of junk
> pixels).

Well this is disappointing. No one has responded to my request for
information. For roughly 10 years now I have been refurbishing PCs to give
to people with mental health problems, their carers or families.I am an
I.T. volunteer at Contact (http://contactmorpeth.org.uk/) - and Contact won
an award from the Queen for the project I am continuing. These days Lubuntu
Linux gets put on the PCs. Many people have been given PCs with Intel
graphics so having the graphics stack broken is going to affect a lot of
vulnerable people.

Surely someone can help?

BW,

Ian