[Intel-gfx] [RFC v2] drm/i915: Android native sync support

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 26 03:08:43 PST 2015

On 01/24/2015 09:47 AM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Tvrtko Ursulin
> <tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> Could you please translate this into something understandable by newcomers?
>> :)
>
> I don't know which parts are confusing without questions so please ask
> them ... the questions below about scheduler interactions seem fairly
> advanced ;-)

I suppose for starters, when I took over this work I read the last
thread from December.  There you were saying to Jesse to convert the
separate ioctl into execbuf interface for in & out fences.

That's what I did I thought. So is that not the fashion of the day any
more or I misunderstood something?

People will scream very soon for something along these lines anyway
since it is kind of packaged with the scheduler I am told and both will
be very much desired soon.

Idea is to allow submitting of work and not block in userspace rather
let the scheduler queue and shuffle depending on fences.

Regards,

Tvrtko