[Intel-gfx] infinite loop on shutdown

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 13:38:23 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 04:33:01PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> On shutdown, my sandy bridge laptop hangs in an infinite loop in:
> xf86-video-intel/src/sna/sna_threads.c:
>
>     69                  while (t->func == NULL)
>     70                          pthread_cond_wait(&t->cond, &t->mutex);
>
> Any idea on how to stop it waiting and just quit?
> (Or what to look for if you aren't seeing this...)

The thread should be destroyed along with the parent process on
termination. I guess your pthreads implementation prevents that? If so,
and that is desirable, you will need to call pthread_kill() in the
Xorg driver destructor - only there is not a suitable callback, so you
would need to hack something into the resource system or add a counter.