[Intel-gfx] Deadlock in intel_user_framebuffer_destroy()

Lukas Wunner lukas at wunner.de
Mon Jun 29 07:42:10 PDT 2015

Hi Jani,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 02:24:19PM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2015, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> > There wasn't, I just rewrote it incorrectly. There's also a
> > drm_framebuffer_remove() called by intelfb_alloc which needs to be moved
> > out of the mutex. A much larger disentangling of the functions involved
> > here is required. Tvrstko volunteered himself. Brave, very brave :)
> -ETIMEDOUT
> IIUC we still need the fix, but there's no update from Lucas addressing
> review. Is that right?

Sorry, I was not copied on Tvrtko's e-mail of June 15 ("drm/i915:
Fix failure paths around initial fbdev allocation") and though
I'm subscribed to intel-gfx I didn't realize that particular
e-mail required a reaction from me.

I've just sent out my review and I'll also test the patch and
report back.

Thanks,

Lukas