[Intel-gfx] DP MST audio support

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:50:20 PDT 2015

Hi,

So I have a branch that makes no sound,
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=dp-mst-audio

and I'm not sure where I need to turn to next,

The Intel docs I've read are kinda vague, assuming you know lots of
things I clearly don't.

so in theory my branch, sets up the SDP stream to the monitor in the
payload creation,
enables the codec in the intel GPU driver, and passes the ELD to the
audio driver.

The audio driver uses the device list to get the presence/valid bits
per device, and manages to retrieve the ELD. I even create ELD files
in /proc/asound/HDMI/ that have sensible values in them

So it looks like I'm just missing some routing somewhere, most likely
in the audio driver, then again I  could be missing a lot more than
that.

Just looking for any ideas or knowledge people may have locked in
their brains or inside their firewalls.

Dave.