[Intel-gfx] Another behavior of tests from HANG section with enabled command parser

Popov, Pavel E pavel.e.popov at intel.com
Sun May 17 23:04:36 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I observed that some tests from HANG section described in Makefile.in
change their behavior when command parser is enabled:

Tests gem_bad_address starts to fail with error:
    "CMD: Rejected command 0x10600002 for bitmask 0x00400000..."
As said Chris this test and gem_bad_blit are out of date.

Test gem_hang starts to fail with error:
    "CMD: Rejected master-only command: 0x09000000"
This is because MI_WAIT_FOR_EVENT marked as master.

Test gem_non_secure_batch starts to fail with error:
    "CMD: Rejected register 0x0000203c in command..."
This looks like an expected behavior for this test which can be handled.

All "HANG" tests pass on my HSW configuration without command parser.
But looks like most of them were initially written to fail or hang.
Am I right that behavior for these tests is unclear at the moment?
Do you plan to update/fix tests from this section?

Thanks,
Pavel