[Intel-gfx] still experiencing oops connecting Laptop to docking Station

Nicolas Kalkhof nkalkhof at web.de
Thu May 21 12:42:53 PDT 2015

> Hm something seems to be deeply wrong here. And the oops you've captured
> still doesn't include the debug messages before things go boom. Can you
> please replace the WARN_ON in my previous patch with a BUG_ON? That should
> stop the machine at least and hopefully prevents it all from going boom.

I've switched WARN_ON to BUG_ON and in deed it appears right before the oops:

http://imgur.com/eKFSTYB

> And please play around with dmesg -n to get these debug messages to the
> console. I really need them to figure out what's going wrong here.

Please see attached .bz file. This is the max debug output taken from /proc/kmsg right up to the oops. This is everything I got out of it. Maybe I've missed something to get more debug messages to the console other than setting kernel parameters to drm.debug=0xff log_buf_len=10M LOGLEVEL=8 debug and dmesg config dmesg -n 7 and dmesg -n 8. Any hints?

-
Nic