[Intel-gfx] EDID problem

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun May 24 13:38:35 PDT 2015

Engin Firat composed on 2015-05-24 22:54 (UTC+0300):

> I want to use custom EDID for one of my monitors. This because the monitor
> has a broken EDID structure. I have been trying to use a custom EDID (a
> binary message was saved before) within Xorg.conf. Is this possible?

Xorg is usually smart enough to automatically produce an appropriate modeline
if you simply use xorg.conf to provide the resolution you want and your
diplay's HorizSync and VertRefresh specifications. IOW, manufacturing a valid
EDID is usually a lot of unnecessary work. Here, it has never been a
necessary workaround to oft-encountered invalid EDID.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/