[Intel-gfx] i-g-t/libdrm email tagging & patchwork

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 9 00:45:14 PST 2015

On Sun, 08 Nov 2015, Damien Lespiau <damien.lespiau at intel.com> wrote:
> There are two new patchwork projects then:
>
>   http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/intel-gpu-tools/
>   http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/libdrm-intel/
>
> I've also run the sorting on all the existing patches so the entries
> that were historically in the intel-gfx project are now in those new
> projects.

Is it possible to manually move patches between projects?

> There is still some work left to limit the noise of those lists of
> patches, eg. some patches are still marked as New but, in reality, they
> have been merged. Solving that is quite important and high-ish the TODO
> list.

This may be due to git am -3 subtly changing the patch, or the committer
not-so-subtly changing the patch [*], while applying, and the git hook
on fdo doesn't recognize the patch. Since we've started to add the Link:
tag to patches, we could use that extra bit of info in the hook to link
commits to patchwork.

BR,
Jani.

[*] I'd go for requiring resubmission even for the tiniest typo/comment
changes, but Daniel thinks the committers can do the fixups.