[Intel-gfx] Debugging verbosity with mouse pointer movement

Greg Stark stark at mit.edu
Sat Nov 28 14:46:10 PST 2015

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Ville Syrjälä
<ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Use drm.debug=0xe unless you really want to debug the atomic code (which
> is where all this spew comes from).

Thanks.

I'm trying to get debug info to report the freezes that still happen
on my Chromebook Pixel even after the fix that apparently fixed the
problem for everyone else. But I just got one and there was nothing in
/sys/class/drm/card0/error and excluding these atomic log entries
nothing interesting in the kernel log. I wonder if there's any other
debug messages I should enable.

I also wonder whether root cause of the problem isn't elsewhere than
the graphics card, though it obviously affects the graphics card. Are
there any generic PCI or kernel interrupt handling debugging I should
enable to report this usefully?

--
greg