[Intel-gfx] watermark problem in kernel 3.14

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 3 03:54:25 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 10:33:44AM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Sep 2015, "Xie, William" <william.xie at intel.com> wrote:
> > We suspect watermark has problem in kernel 3.14,
> > Does anyone have a new watermark patch for 3.14 similar as below patch:
> > http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/bundle/anderco/matt-watermarks/
>
> Obviously can't speak for everyone out there, but the educated guess is
> no, nobody is working on watermark code for v3.14. You should try
> upgrading to newer kernels, even if only to see if the problems you're
> experiencing go away.

The only tree with properly done watermark updates was my watermark
branch. Since gitorious has died I suppose my branches have disappeared
too. Fortunately I have it all locally still, so I pushed something to
git://github.com/vsyrjala/linux.git watermarks_intm_33

That looked to be one of the last versions of that code that may
actually have been tested. After that a bunch of skl code landed in the
middle of the wm code and the rebase became very painful, and apparently
I never finished it properly (juddging by what I have in later versions
of the branch).

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel OTC