[Intel-gfx] VGA console writting is quite time costy after resuming from S3

Chen, Yu C yu.c.chen at intel.com
Sun Sep 6 19:28:38 PDT 2015

Hi,all
When I'm doing suspend/resume S3 (suspend-to-memory,
echo mem > /sys/power/state) on mainline 4.2-rc4, Skylake,
I found that , the time cost for resume_console is quite long,
 It takes nearly 4 seconds to finish. Since there is only one console
available in my system(VGA console, by checking /proc/consoles),
I think after resuming from S3, VGA writing is very time costy when
resume_console is trying to dump all temporary logs to console.
I would be appreciate if anyone expert here can give some information
on why VGA console takes some much time and would be happy
to test with your suggestions, thanks!

Best Regards,
Yu