[Intel-gfx] Changing the screen resolution permanently

Engin FIRAT enginfirat at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:07:02 PDT 2015

Hello all,

In my system there are two monitors and these monitors are fed by mirrored
displays. To get such a configuration I have created a script that
dynamically adjusts the system by using xrandr. The script is attached as
changeres.sh. Everything works well. However I've note that the system
startup time is increased by ~15 seconds and I do not want such a case. To
handle this problem, I think that I need to adjust the screen resolution
permanently with a xorg.conf file. However I cannot create one that adjusts
the monitors as expected. xorg.conf file is also attached to this post.

Details of the system:
Processor: Intel Atom E3845
OS: Lubuntu 14.04.1
Driver: Installed via intel-graphics-installer 1.0.7

I have tried to create a xorg.conf file with the command X -configure,
however the created file is for only one monitors since the system uses
only the first monitor at its default configuration (ie. no xrandr setting)

Could you please help me to create a correct xorg.conf file.
Regards.