[Intel-gfx] [4.6-rcX regression] closing and opening LID on thinkpad x200s freezes X

Jiri Kosina jikos at kernel.org
Wed Apr 6 22:00:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

after updating to 4.6-rcX (where X is 1 or 2, doesn't really matter) on
thinkpad x200s notebook with

	00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

closing and opening the lid freezes the computer completely (after opening
the LID, I can see either the complete original contents of the screen, or
silouhette of xscreensaver window decorations, but the machine is dead by
then (neither ctrl-alt-backspace-backspace nor switching to text console
doesn't work).

It definitely worked with older kernels, but I unfortunately don't have
all the data needed for bisection, as the old kernels have been wiped off
the machine in the meantime.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

--