[Intel-gfx] System freeze apparently due to GPU memory exhaustion - why?

Marius Vlad marius.c.vlad at intel.com
Thu Apr 7 16:25:56 UTC 2016

Hi Adam,

   If you have cloned piglit into i-g-t directory go in scripts/
   directory and run it from there (./run-tests.sh -t basic -s).

   It might be that a results/ directory already exists so remove the
   directory before this. There's currently some discussion on how to
   handle this with piglit.

   I might be wrong but I think piglit is using python3 now...

   One more thing, if you can't seem to reproduce it might worth running
   all the tests but this might completely freeze your system. Running
   all the tests might also take a full night depending on how fast is your
   machine -> I'd suggest doing at night if you can.

   Running is the same (within scripts/, ./run-test.sh -s, -s will
   generate a human interpretable HTML with status for all tests.)

   Do note that running the tests might reveal other issues and that
   your system will enter suspend/resume more than once and you can't
   run the tests with an already running drm client (X.org for instance).