[Intel-gfx] Xen is Busted

cacook at quantum-sci.com cacook at quantum-sci.com
Wed Apr 20 22:44:57 UTC 2016

No one will just come out and just tell us the truth, so that users can
quit wasting our time trying to make your Xen work.  Your 4.2 kernel
dumps core on i915, and Xen hangs on disk drive ID.

Why don't you just take down the Xen half of this whole thing, and stop
causing so many people the loss of so much time?  It is very costly and
frustrating for people to spend weeks to learn and customize a project
to try and make it work, when it turns out that the underlying software
is utterly broken.  Not to mention embarrassing, when we have strongly
advocated this approach to our bosses and clients, and it turns out to
be snakebit.

And on top of that you universally ignore questions on IRC and listserv,
probably because you don't want to own up to the actual state of
things?  What do you people think you're doing all day?  You can't, just
do an occasional freeze and release a fairly stable point-release so
that users can set up and learn about it?  You just leave up a busted
bunch of haywires, as if you're satisfying your company's requirements?
I know, you're still getting paid no matter what.

So let's just agree that doing both KVM -and- Xen, is too much for you.
And/or that you've put the n00bs on Xen, who have nothing to lose.

I implore that you be honest, and take this junk down to just
concentrate on KVM.  You can't do Xen;  you clearly can't even do its
drivers.