[Intel-gfx] [BUG] Blinking display with 4.6-rc*

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 25 08:23:30 UTC 2016

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016, "Steinar H. Gunderson" <steinar+dri at gunderson.no> wrote:
> I have a Lenovo X240, which has Haswell integrated graphics. On upgrade from
> 4.5.0 to 4.6-rc1, I noticed an extremely irritating issue; about every
> minute, the display shows black for a brief moment (perhaps one or two
> frames), then reverts back to the correct display. There are no other ill
> effects that I can see, in particular nothing in dmesg. I tried with 4.6-rc4,
> and it has the same issue.
>
> Do I need to run a full bisect to figure out what's causing this, or does it
> ring a bell with someone?

Please file a bug at [1]. Please add drm.debug=14 module parameter and
attach dmesg to the bug, all the way from boot to exhibiting the
problem.

You might also want to give drm-intel-nightly branch of [2] a try.

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=DRI&component=DRM/Intel
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel