[Intel-gfx] E3800 CPU hung without any logs

李玲华 lilinghua2000 at 163.com
Fri Aug 19 01:39:26 UTC 2016

Hi,
  I post a question in Intel Communities website(https://communities.intel.com/message/414994), an answer from Intel said that maybe I can get workaround  from https://01.org/. Because I'm not familiar with this website, I just choose this maillist as the most related to ask the question.
Thank you.
Best regrads,
lilinghua

----------------
I pasted the post from intel communities as following:

[configuration]

  device hardware:

     CPU: E3827 running in 1.74GHz

     Memory: DDR3 2GB 1333

     storage: SSD

     MIPI CSI used to import another video

device software:

    OS: Linux 3.8.0

    X.Org X Server 1.13.3, X protocol ver 11, rev 0

    EMGD driver 2.0.3790

    CSI driver isp 3.01

[bug]

     An application running with composing video from CSI for several days or more, software(including linux) down was found 1~2 times in 5~10 devices, screen is black with some lines flash, mouse and keyboard is not functioned, no output in debug UART, no data traffic in network output, when connecting the faulted device in a switch, network communication will be broken for all other normal devices in the same switch. No log found in linux when restart the device. the CPU temperature is normal.

    When testing without CSI function, the bug was not found.

   Because all the system is hung, don't have any method to debug.

[question]

    How to debug and how to resolve the problem?

We didn't used an offical linux distribution but built Linux from  Yocto-1.5( poky-dora-10.0.0.tar.bz2 ), kernel was replaced by 3.8.0. For drivers, most of them are from Ycoto-1.5, except MIPI CSI driver from Fedora 18, and video driver is Intel_BYT_FC18_CED-LITE32_V36-1-23_RC_2014-09-03_3790.tar from an Intel FE.