[Intel-gfx] Guc parameter Handling

Srivatsa, Anusha anusha.srivatsa at intel.com
Thu Dec 15 22:36:40 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I was wondering if we intend to keep -1 and 2 for the enable_guc_submission parameter. Since now we are gating guc loads if either guc_submission or enable_huc parameter is set, why have a -1(platform default) and 2(forcefully load) option? We anyway do not have any special default set per platform. For now the default is 0 on all platforms. Moving forward if GuC gets more stable and we want to set a default to a certain platform, we can add -1 then.

Also, why have a 2? We can use enable_guc_submission=1 in order to make sure the guc is loaded and guc_submission is enabled and set enable_guc_submission=0 to make sure guc submission is not used.

Any thought on this?

Cheers,
Anusha