[Intel-gfx] Fwd: [linux] drm/i915: Eliminate usage of plane_wm_parameters from ILK-style WM code (v2) (43d59ed)

Matt Roper matthew.d.roper at intel.com
Mon Feb 1 09:50:43 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 07:50:03PM -0800, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> It's a github comment so pretty hopeless to follow up with the reporter,
> but it sounds like we have a culprit for the ilk wm issues/fifo underruns.
> -Daniel

I think this is the flickering regression that we expected to come back
when we reverted the two-step watermarks.  Resurrecting a much earlier
workaround that we lost should help prevent the user-visible problems in
the short term; I just sent a patch for that.

I'm traveling, so I haven't seen any IRC discussion that may have
happened recently, but I believe the CI regression we saw on that final
two-step watermark patch are still unsolved.  But since we've already
reverted that patch, they shouldn't be blocking anything, right?

Matt

--
Matt Roper
Graphics Software Engineer