[Intel-gfx] [REGRESSION] i915: No HDMI output with 4.4

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Feb 11 08:21:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 09:45:17AM +0200, Oleksandr Natalenko wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I do confirm that this hacky patch:
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/1/19/637
>
> works around my issue. I understand that this is improper fix, so let me
> know how could I debug my issue further.

Please boot with drm.debug=0xe and attach the dmesg. Also please test the
patch later on in this thread:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/2/9/587

Ville is working on a proper fix for this specific case. But could be that
you're hitting yet another issue.

Thanks, Daniel

> Thanks.
>
> 09.02.2016 12:11, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> >Can you please retest with latest -rc? There's been some bugs in the HDMI
> >detection changes, which should be fixed now.
> >
> >If that doesn't help please try to bisect which exact change caused the
> >regression.
> >
> >Thanks, Daniel

Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
http://blog.ffwll.ch