[Intel-gfx] [REGRESSION] i915: No HDMI output with 4.4

Oleksandr Natalenko oleksandr at natalenko.name
Tue Feb 16 10:58:56 UTC 2016

Ville, Daniel,

I've just got another monitor and another DVI-HDMI cable, and here what
I've got.

===Single Link DVI-D cable with 3 different monitors===

Computer DVI ——— DVI-D (Single Link)/HDMI cable ——— HDMI LG 23MP65HQ-P
=== not working
Computer DVI ——— DVI-D (Single Link)/HDMI cable ——— HDMI LG 23MP67HQ-P
=== not working
Computer DVI ——— DVI-D (Single Link)/HDMI cable ——— HDMI LG 23MP55HQ-P
=== works!

===Dual Link DVI-D cable with monitor that doesn't work with Single Link
cable===

Computer DVI ——— DVI-D (Dual Link)/HDMI cable ——— HDMI LG 23MP65HQ-P ===
works!

===Laptop with HDMI output===

Laptop HDMI ——— HDMI/HDMI cable ——— HDMI LG 23MP65HQ-P === works!

I'd say that single link DVI cables are broken with new kernel, but one
of monitors could work with such a cable. So I have no idea :(.

Regards,
   Oleksandr.