[Intel-gfx] Q: The relationship between "BIOS GT RC6 option" and RC_CONTROL

Zhi Wang zhi.a.wang at intel.com
Wed Feb 24 05:31:31 UTC 2016

Hi:
   Had a question about "BIOS GT RC6 option". If I disabled the BIOS GT
RC6 option, does that mean RC6 will be disabled no matter how driver
configure RC_CONTROL registers on core platform?

Looks currently on some SoC platform e.g. BXT, the status of "BIOS GT
RC6 option" will be reflected in the default value of RC_CONTROL or
RC_STATE.

How about the core platform? As I didn't see the similar logic, I guess
there should be some other kinds of approach here? :)

Thanks,
Zhi.