[Intel-gfx] [BUG] HDMI 12bpc causing occasional flickering and blanking

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Wed Feb 24 17:48:35 UTC 2016

Hi Ville,

> Well, just to check the details of your particular cable/dongle,
> maybe you can post the dmesg with drm.debug=0xe with my branch?
> Or at least the parts that refer to DP dual mode adaptors.

Here: http://filebin.net/gd91wnltky/dmesg.4.5.0-rc4-g32fa589.txt

I'm assuming the most important parts are:

[drm:intel_hdmi_dp_dual_mode_detect] DP dual mode adaptor (type 1 HDMI) detected (max TMDS clock: 165000 kHz, TMDS OE# control: no)
[drm:intel_hdmi_compute_config] picking bpc to 8 for HDMI output

thought it was completely passive; if there's any active circuitry
inside it it must be really tiny - it'd have to fit inside the rather
standard-sized HDMI/DP connectors in the ends.

Tore