[Intel-gfx] [RFCv2 10/14] drm/i915: update PDPs by condition when submit the LRC context

Wang, Zhi A zhi.a.wang at intel.com
Thu Feb 25 15:02:10 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Tian, Kevin
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:50 PM
To: Wang, Zhi A; intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org; igvt-g at lists.01.org
Cc: Lv, Zhiyuan; Niu, Bing; Song, Jike; daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch; Cowperthwaite, David J; chris at chris-wilson.co.uk; joonas.lahtinen at linux.intel.com
Subject: RE: [RFCv2 10/14] drm/i915: update PDPs by condition when submit the LRC context

Could you elaborate why we share one GVT context across different guest?
A natural thought is that we'll create one GVT context per every guest
context...

[Zhi] We don't have context creation/destroy notification in guest i915 driver.
Because in our implementation we need an unique context id to anchor the
relationship between shadow context and guest context, while i915 uses GGTT
address as context id. In each context pin/unpin, the context id may be changes.

So it's not necessary to allocate multiple GVT context here.

Thanks
Kevin