[Intel-gfx] Intel graphics on Thinkpad T540p is most unsuable now :( (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600)

Daniel Kasak d.j.kasak.dk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:41:47 PST 2016

I noticed hard lockups using chrome from a *long* way back. Various
people have reported issues with Chrome running under Enlightenment,
and the consensus ( IIRC ) was that Chrome was using its own libX11
parts or something, and playing havoc with Enlightenment ( messing
with focus policy, crashing, sometimes triggering hard lockups ). For
both of these reasons, I stopped using Chrome. I've seen this
behaviour on various Intel GPUs as well as a Radeon GPU ( eg AMD
A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ). While I feel your pain re:
the lockups, and obviously an app shouldn't be able to lock up a
stable system, I'd recommend not using Chrome ...