[Intel-gfx] ✗ Fi.CI.BAT: failure for MAINTAINERS: Add "B:" preferred bug reporting method (rev3)

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Wed Jan 27 09:38:50 PST 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 09:16:24AM -0800, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-01-27 at 16:47 +0000, Patchwork wrote:
> > == Summary ==
> >
> > Built on 5ae916607e3e12ba18c848dff42baaad5b118c4b drm-intel-nightly: 2016y-01m-27d-12h-48m-36s UTC integration manifest
>
> I've no idea what this means.
> I'm not sure I care.
> Why send this to me?

We're experimenting with patchwork and trying to teach it about series
of patches and hooking automatic test systems to it. Unfortunately,
you've been the victim of a number of problems:

  - A mail of yours was parsed as a patch because it had a patch
    suggestion in it, which made that diff a candidate for automatic
    testing.
    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2016-January/085483.html

    I just fixed it manually, you shouldn't receive any more email. A
    better fix will land soon, your shouldn't have been a candidate for
    testing in the first place as we're supposed to only consider git
    send-email patches (an configuration option).

  - We still have a few flaky tests, so the test result was incoherent
    with just changing a text file

  - We may be to refine the system to not bother testing patches that
    don't touch code.

In case you are curious:

    http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/intel-gfx/series/
    http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/2539/