[Intel-gfx] ✗ Ro.CI.BAT: failure for series starting with [CI,1/9] drm/i915: Rename request reference/unreference to get/put

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 16:14:20 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 05:03:10PM +0100, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:

> On 20/07/16 16:51, Dave Gordon wrote:
> >On 20/07/16 14:02, Patchwork wrote:
> >>== Series Details ==
> >>
> >>Series: series starting with [CI,1/9] drm/i915: Rename request
> >>reference/unreference to get/put
> >>URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/10089/
> >>State : failure
> >>
> >>== Summary ==
> >>
> >>Series 10089v1 Series without cover letter
> >>http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/api/1.0/series/10089/revisions/1/mbox
> >>
> >>Test gem_sync:
> >>         Subgroup basic-store-each:
> >>                 pass       -> FAIL       (ro-bdw-i7-5600u)
> >
> >That's
> >Bug 96974 - [BAT BDW] gem_sync / basic-store-each fails sporadically
> >
> >It claims that some interrupts were missed during the test but it
> >doesn't happen on any other BDW (or any other machine at all).
> >Perhaps we need another one "exactly the same" to see whether it's at
> >all reproducible anywhere but that one system?
>
> Looks like Chris has already merged this series, just forgot to do
> the commiter's reply. :)

This here is potentially a race in idle_worker vs the interrupt, the
other variant of the fail on this machine looks like a race in hangcheck
vs enabling the interrupt. Or at least those are two races I can see
that match the different fails. On the other hand, the detection may be
genuine from the two different paths that do the check.