[Intel-gfx] Still trying to isolate video freezes (RESOLVED)

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 29 19:56:30 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-06-05 at 16:42 -0500, Chris wrote:
> In an effort to try and figure out why the video on my Dell Optiplex 780
> keeps freezing I've been advised to run the latest kernel to see if it
> may fix the problem. Today I installed 4.6.0-997.201605222202_amd64.deb
> and when booting it would not finish at all. There were some statements
> about not loading root and also about not finding a drive. Is there a
> way that I can save all this information so that I can add it to a bug
> report I've filed a long time ago. I'm now back to the kernel below in
> my sig. Since I'm not smart on any of this I'm also wondering what the
> attached means, if anything at all.
>
> Chris

Apologies for the repost, I'd forgotten to put RESOLVED in the subject line

I believe this issue has finally been resolved. There are two steps I
took. One was to upgrade to the 4.4.0-* kernel. The other was to disable
GkrellM. So far the system has been running perfectly for over a month.
The only time it's been restarted was due to a kernel update.

Thanks to everyone who helped get this resolved.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C