[Intel-gfx] Wrt golden MMIO/CFG snaphot in GVT-g

Tian, Kevin kevin.tian at intel.com
Fri Jun 3 12:19:38 UTC 2016

I don't think it's a real problem. In reality we'll allow migration between
machines with same generation/configuration, which is also the typical
case in data center/cloud vendors who usually provide one service with
a pool of same models.

> I think both are rather big inconvenience compared to making one-time
> golden MMIO snapshot for strange SKUs.

However there is no such golden MMIO definition in spec which works on all
SKUs. There are many states which might be sku specific. Using a golden
state different from underlying hardware would lead to unexpected issues
and difficult to debug.

Thanks
Kevin