[Intel-gfx] drm/i915: Delay with fbc enabled

Manuel Groß mgr at nordkrater.de
Fri Jun 24 00:44:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

since upgrading to Kernel 4.6, I experienced weird display delay issues
on my Thinkpad x250. Downgrading to 4.5 or disabling fbc both fix that
issue.

In some specific X software (and only in those), modifications in UI
display (e.g. keyboard input) is shown with a delay up to ~1s.
Programs where I experienced this behaviour are e.g. sakura,
wireshark-qt and sublime.

This affects other Arch Linux users as well:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/49623
There is also a little more information on this.

If you can tell me what logs/analysis might be useful for you, I am
happy to provide it to you, although I am not that experienced with
this stuff.
--
Grüße/Regards
Manuel Groß