[Intel-gfx] The mysterious case of IRQs, failed DP aux ch transactions, and Skylake

Runyan, Arthur J arthur.j.runyan at intel.com
Wed Mar 2 06:40:07 UTC 2016

Hi Lyude,
I like mysteries, but DP and docks usually ends up as a sob story.

The master interrupt control doesn't have any hardware connection to DP aux.  I don't know how much confidence you have in the IRQ check, but it seems likely that an interrupt, probably hotplug, triggered programming to mess up aux.

PSR is a concern, but even that would only block 1 transaction on eDP aux, and here you must be using a non-eDP port.

During the 15msec, check the PWR_WELL_CTL Misc IO Power Request.  That needs to be enabled to supply power to DP aux.

Also your DDI_AUX_CTL value, 0x7d40001f, looks wrong since the Fast Wake Sync Pulse Count is zeroed out.  Check what value it uses after 15msec when aux is working.