[Intel-gfx] [iGVT-g] Ask for comments of getting guest framebuffer in igvt-g

Tian, Kevin kevin.tian at intel.com
Tue Mar 8 01:44:48 UTC 2016

memory copy is very slow (especially when aperture is mapped as WC
which means uncatchable). If necessary we should use GPU to blit the
content however it then means you still need a gem object. :-)

btw I don't think this vblank issue would be very significant. The main
targeted usage of GVT-g is for server virtualization/cloud, where
a remoting protocol is required for customer to see the content through
network. My feeling is that tearing should be well considered already by
those remoting protocols, regardless of how vblank is virtualized.

Thanks
Kevin