[Intel-gfx] integration-manifest in drm-intel-nigthly

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Mar 14 09:49:04 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Marius Vlad <marius.c.vlad at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     A lot of people (including myself) have been asking what is the
>     purpose of the integration manifest file in drm-intel-nigthly.  I
>     for one have to rebase each time, and I'm wondering how do you pull
>     the latest changes.
>
>     Could you please write some lines about it? What's its purpose, and
>     who generates it?

dim rebuild-nightly scrip generates it, and it was added on China QA's
request so that they know what any given -nightly is based upon. Wrt
rebasing, just use git rebase -i and remove that old integration
manifest (and any patch before that, since those have been thrown out
in upstream). I find it very handy as a marker to separate my own
patches from upstream churn. You have to rebase anyway since -nightly
is a rebasing tree itself.

Also, please don't ask questions without cc'ing mailing lists.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch