[Intel-gfx] ✗ Fi.CI.BAT: failure for drm/i915/bxt: Fix off-by-one error in Broxton PLL IDs (rev3)

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Mar 16 15:54:49 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Jani Nikula
<jani.nikula at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
>> [ text/plain ]

>>> SND is recurring problem. I'd like to see drm-intel-nightly not breaking when
>>> pulling sound updates.
>>
>> We need to escalate this again, snd team seriously sucks at quality
>> control :( Adding Libin&Takashi. If this doesn't improve I need to throw
>> sound trees out of -nightly for real.
>
> With that, we'd get more stable CI, but we'd also only see the failures
> once the sound trees get merged upstream. We don't want that either.
>
> One idea would be to have separate CI runs for updating trees not in our
> control. But we're pretty far from making that happen.

Yes agreed, it would probably not help a lot at all to drop sound
trees, we'd simply notice a bit later. I'm not sure what would be the
best option here, just expressing maintainer grumpiness ;-) Good ideas
very much welcome ...
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch