[Intel-gfx] [PATCH 0/7] Add lspcon support
shashank.sharma at intel.com
Tue Mar 22 14:25:01 UTC 2016
LSPCON is essentially an active DP-HDMI convertor. It has
two modes of operations:
- ls mode (for upto HDMI 1.4 outputs, 4k at 30 resoution / 297MHz)
- pcon mode (for upto HDMI 2.0 outputs, 4k at 60 resolution / 600 MHz)
This patch set adds support for LS mode of operation for GEN9
platforms. It adds a new connector for lspcon, whcih is a mix
and match of DP and HDMI connectors, matching dual personality
of lspcon devices.
- Daniel Vetter gave a review comment on LSPCON design, to make
it a separate encoder. This patch set tries to match that expectations
with a separate connector, as DDI encoder already fulfills all the
requirements of a lspcon_encoder.
- This patch set tagrets LS mode of operations only.
- PCON mode of operation will be added later, based on the requirements.
This is to primarily unbloc Linux devices with LSPCON port.
- This patch set is tested with BXT RVP + drm-nightly
- As we redesigned this code, to meet the review comments, this is a working
patch set, but not upto commercial quality yet.
Shashank Sharma (7):
drm/i915: add lspcon vbt bit parsing
drm/i915: Add lspcon data structures
drm/i915: Add new lspcon file
drm/i915: Add and initialize lspcon connector
drm/i915: Add and register lspcon connector functions
drm/i915: Add lspcon core functions
drm/i915: Add lspcon hpd handler
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/Makefile | 3 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h | 1 +
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_bios.c | 42 +++
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_ddi.c | 6 +
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_dp.c | 31 ++
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_drv.h | 35 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_hdmi.c | 25 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_hotplug.c | 2 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_lspcon.c | 620 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_vbt_defs.h | 1 +
10 files changed, 759 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_lspcon.c
More information about the Intel-gfx