[Intel-gfx] eDP hot plug support on i915 driver

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Wed May 25 09:44:10 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:26:48PM +0000, Sanchez, AdolfoX wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is the eDP hotplugging capability supported by default by the intel graphic driver, or is it necessary any special configuration?

Not sure what you're asking. We do enable the hpd interrupt for eDP
ports, but it's up to the board whether that's actually wired up
to anything. Actually yanking an eDP panel and plugging in a new
different one won't work since we cache the EDID at init time and
never re-read it. And I'm pretty sure these things aren't designed
to be hotplugged anyway, so there's probably some danger of damage
to the hardware.

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel OTC