[Intel-gfx] Fwd: Re: [RFC i-g-t 1/7] configure.ac: Test for libdrm_intel and build for it if present.

Robert Foss robert.foss at collabora.com
Wed May 25 22:09:03 UTC 2016

Forward to ML.

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 19:18 BST, robert.foss at collabora.com wrote:

> +if test "x$INTEL" = xyes; then
> +	PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DRM_INTEL, [libdrm_intel >= 2.4.64])
> +	AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBDRM_INTEL, 1, [Have intel support])
> +fi
> +AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_LIBDRM_INTEL, [test "x$INTEL" = xyes])
> +
Strictly speaking we could add the DRM_INTEL_CFLAGS to pretty much every
Makefile.am (in AM_CFLAGS) and LIBDRM_INTEL_LIBS (*LDADD and/or *LIBADD)
only within the HAVE_LIBDRM_INTEL conditional.

Although to make things a bit easier, we can/should move the CFLAGS out
of the conditional. This way:
  - building with intel gets the correct cflags (and link)
  - building without intel - gets the local cflags (include) and no link
(in case the variable is already set to something funny).

-Emil