[Intel-gfx] i915 and GTV-g maintenance, workflows and CI

Zhenyu Wang zhenyuw at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 20 10:34:46 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.20 11:01:02 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 05:42:37PM +0800, Zhenyu Wang wrote:

> > > Personally I don't think gvt needs to pass drm-intel CI. If GVT folks want
> > > to do that then it's fine, but otherwise I'm leaning towards treating gvt
> > > like a sub-driver, with its own flavour of testing and review standards.
> > >

> > Normally GVT-g shouldn't impact drm-intel CI. I do like to setup GVT-g specific
> > CI with fancy multiple VMs auto test available. But it might need some time
> > for QA team to setup that way.
>
> The problem is that gvt is a consumer of our APIs. When I change those I
> need reassurance that gvt does not break. We also need reassurance that
> when we backmerge from upstream changes to the hva do not break gvt.

yeah, I think that's also a requirement for GVT-g CI. Another side is
similiar nightly branch for gvt will be created to grab drm-intel,
gvt, vfio, kvm and future xen trees to do regression testing and with
more full testings. I hope some part of GVT-g CI could also be put in
drm-intel CI and other part is for GVT-g testing itself e.g VM
related features, etc.

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827