[Intel-gfx] Check the connector property to force a full modeset

Manasi Navare manasi.d.navare at intel.com
Fri Oct 28 01:49:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

On link training failure, I set the connector link_status property
to "Bad" and send a uevent to the userspace. The userspace then detects
this change in property and calls drm_mode_setcrtc that triggers a modeset.
However in the driver atomic check, it calls drm_atomic_helper_check_modeset()
to decide if a complete modeset is required. I need a way to get the link_status
value here and set crtc_state->connectors_changed to true if this link_status
property is set to Bad so that it can do a full modeset an dretrain the link.

I added the following piece of code, but with this the system does not boot
up.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23357075/

Is there any other better way to get the connector's property value here in
atomic_helper_check_modeset()?

Regards
Manasi