[Intel-gfx] Updated drm-intel-testing

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Mon Aug 21 15:28:22 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Final pile of features for 4.14

- New ioctl to change NOA configurations, plus prep (Lionel)
- CCS (color compression) scanout support, based on the fancy new
  modifier additions (Ville&Ben)
- Document i915 register macro style (Jani)
- Many more gen10/cnl patches (Rodrigo, Pualo, ...)
- More gpu reset vs. modeset duct-tape to restore the old way.
- prep work for cnl: hpd_pin reorg (Rodrigo), support for more power
  wells (Imre), i2c pin reorg (Anusha)
- drm_syncobj support (Jason Ekstrand)
- forcewake vs gpu reset fix (Chris)
- execbuf speedup for the no-relocs fastpath, anv/vk low-overhead ftw (Chris)
- switch to idr/radixtree instead of the resizing ht for execbuf id->vma
  lookups (Chris)

gvt:
- MMIO save/restore optimization (Changbin)
- Split workload scan vs. dispatch for more parallel exec (Ping)
- vGPU full 48bit ppgtt support (Joonas, Tina)
- vGPU hw id expose for perf (Zhenyu)

Bunch of work all over to make the igt CI runs more complete/stable.
Watch https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/shards-all.html for
progress in getting this ready. Next week we're going into production
mode (i.e. will send results to intel-gfx) on hsw, more platforms to
come.

Also, a new maintainer tram, I'm stepping out. Huge thanks to Jani for
being an awesome co-maintainer the past few years, and all the best
for Jani, Joonas&Rodrigo as the new maintainers!

Happy testing!

Cheers, Daniel

Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
http://blog.ffwll.ch