[Intel-gfx] [RFC v2 3/3] drm/i915/pmu: deny perf driver level sampling of i915 PMU

Rogozhkin, Dmitry V dmitry.v.rogozhkin at intel.com
Fri Aug 25 19:01:38 UTC 2017

Returning mailing list back.

Just tried ./intel-gpu-overlay. From what I see it wonderfully works even when I wiped out event->sampling_period from i915 RFC PMU and prohibited it. Mind that I did not remove sampling inside i915 RFC PMU: I removed only timer staff which is exposed to the perf core. Sampling itself is still there and works as far as I see.

Thus, the question: why event->hw->hrtimer staff was introduced in i915 RFC PMU? Right now it does not make sense to me.

Dmitry.