[Intel-gfx] drm-intel/for-linux-next disabled on linux-next?

Vivi, Rodrigo rodrigo.vivi at intel.com
Wed Dec 6 02:32:40 UTC 2017

On Dec 5, 2017, at 6:11 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au<mailto:sfr at canb.auug.org.au>> wrote:

Hi Rodrigo,

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 17:19:21 -0800 Rodrigo Vivi <rodrigo.vivi at intel.com<mailto:rodrigo.vivi at intel.com>> wrote:

We noticed that drm-intel/for-linux-next is currently disabled
on linux-next.

What gave you that idea?

Daniel noticed this morning and warned me  that he had seen linux-next didn’t have our stuff merged yet...
I put a note on my todo list and by the end of the day I checked myself and it was still the case... but probably right before you did the fix-up.

I wonder if it has to do with the compilation error we had yesterday
night (enum plane related). Was it the case?

Our solution on drm-tip was to fix at drm-rerere side when building
the branches so we don't break nor are forced to mix drm-misc-next
with drm-intel-next-queued.

Solution is:
+-      enum plane plane;
++      enum i9xx_plane_id plane;

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-tip/commit/?h=rerere-cache&id=481aa1c945447716ea793699e520b3ef31ef7c83~

So the ideal is to apply this when merging drm-intel/for-linux-next now.

See my email earlier today which addresses exactly this.

Yeap.. I saw your email right after sending this...

Thanks,
Rodrigo

--
Cheers,