[Intel-gfx] No display if I plug in the VGA cable after entering OS

刘晓倩 qnyh68 at 163.com
Mon Dec 18 10:45:53 UTC 2017

Hello, I need you help.
I have a display problem about Intel Graphics driver.

I use CentOS7.4(Kernel 3.10.0-693), and enter to OS without VGA cable. After entering OS, I plug in VGA cable but without display on my monitor.

I also try to test Win10. If I install the Graphics driver, this problem disappears.

So I guess this is the problem of Intel integrated Graphics driver.

I update kernel to the stable version 4.14.7, but the problem is also existed. I check the modinfo i915.ko, and the firmware is the latest version as follows.

https://01.org/zh/linuxgraphics/downloads/firmware

The PCH of my board is H110, with CPU i3-6100/G4560.

I hope you can check this problem, and hope to hearing from you as soon as possible. Thanks.